So my new weight loss goal materialized today when the boys were asking me how old I was and what I was going to be when I "grow up." In all Ian's infinite wisdom he said "Kaleb, Mommy is going to grow up to be our chubby mommy!!" Now don't get me wrong I got a little bit of a chuckle but also felt a little stung. He does see me as "bigger" than him but he also sees me looking like I am still carrying a baby. That is where my goal begins. I don't want to wish I was pregnant so I don't have to worry about "sucking it in." I want to be able to search my closet and find something that makes me look like the "un"-pregnant mother I am!! I have 8 months until I am 30 and 8 months to lose 30 lbs. We will see how I do it and what I learn. I plan to blog about it to keep myself honest and accountable. I am excited to see what I can do...as I have talked non stop about losing weight I finally realize that I am going to be 30 in less than a year and I don't want to "grow up" and be Kaleb, Ian and Allison's chubby mommy!
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good luck! I'm sure your weight loss journey will be inspiring to others (and me!). In a few months, I'll be needing lots of inspiration!
Jody-although I love you just the way you are, I wish you the best of luck with your goal! I will keep you in my prayers. :)
Post a Comment